Sunday, September 04, 2011

Sunday tradition


   Quite new, but I think pretty (ehem) nice one. Shamelessly promoting what I love? Who cares actually. Those who read this blog, or gods-forbid! gutter with me on other places, know me enough to just shrug their shoulders and pass this post. A bunch of young men again.
INFINITE has been earning widespread headlines, but it’s more than just for their shiny new trophy that they won recently on Mnet‘s “M! Countdown“. The group recently started performing an orchestra remix of their title track, “Be Mine“, which awed fans with its rare combination of classical sound and idol performances.
While the original “Be Mine” focused on a slightly retro style, the boys mixed things up by bringing in a 30-member orchestra to add a classical twist to their hit song. Combined with INFINITE’s sleek fashion, viewers praised the boys for coming up with a stage that’s not easy to accomplish, nor seen every day.
Woollim Entertainment commented, “It was a stage specially prepared to thank their fans for the support.  They’ll be working hard to show an even bigger variety of stages.”
 (allkpop)


Here:
Infinite, first time winning 1st place after a year since debut, “still dazed”
Boy group, Infinite, talked about their touched thoughts about being on the top on a music program for the first time since their debut.
Infinite got their first 1st place award with the first official album’s title song, ‘Be Mine’, on September 1st at Mnet M! Countdown. This is their valuable result after a year.
Infinite released their album on July 20th and reached the top after around 45 days. With their patented ‘angled choreography’ and refined style as their priority, they’ve been gaining popularity.
The members, who heard the good news, started to shed hot tears and gave their thankful words to Star News. Leader Sunggyu was touched and said, “It was really a day with the best moment. I was the most tense at that time than I ever have been before, so I couldn’t think at all.”

Following this, they said their thanks, “We kept checking if we really were 1st place and we’ll become an Infinite that continues to improve. We thank everyone and we love you.”

Dongwoo, Sungyeol, and Hoya thought about the moment where the members were called for 1st place.
Dongwoo said, “When I watched from behind as other singers get 1st place, I was only envious. But once we were placed on the candidates, I was so nervous and tense that I couldn’t think of anything.” And added, “Times that were tough were flashing through my mind along with our families and once we saw fans crying, we started crying endlessly.”
Sungyeol said, “I couldn’t believe it when they said we were first on stage. Once I came off the stage and looked at the prize, I started remembering about all the tough things we’ve been through and started crying.” Hoya showed his touched feelings, “After 1st place was revealed, I was so happy that I started to smile. Then I started thinking about the hard times and tears started to come out without me knowing. I’m really happy because I feel like I’m finally starting my dream.”

They didn’t forget their thanks towards fans.

Woohyun said, “I couldn’t believe it because it was my first 1st place in my life. I was blanked out to the point that I didn’t even know tears were coming out of my eyes.” Sungjong added, “I was confused whether it was reality or if it was a dream. All the hard times were passing by like a scanner. And it has a big meaning that after 1 year, our 1st official album got 1st place. I’m thankful to the fans.”
L, who is currently promoting as a lead in a Japanese drama, said, “Honestly, I still can’t believe it. When I found out we were 1st place, I kept saying ‘Really?’ and thought about the time I was with all the members for the first time.”
Their first official album’s title song, ‘Be Mine, is a fierce synth-pop dance song by the famous producers, Han Jaeho and Kim Seungsoo from ‘Sweetune’, who created KARA’s hit songs. It’s a song that gives a unique feeling because the light melody and angled choreography differ from each other, but fit well.
Infinite’s ‘angled choreography’ is the main thing that created their own team’s color. Continuing from sharp moves of the ‘scorpion dance’ from ‘BTD’, they showed the ‘protractor dance’ this time. The members dominate the stage with unified moves that seem like they were measured out perfectly.
Infinite, who debuted last June with ‘Come Back Again’, starting growing with many hit songs like ‘She’s Back’, ‘BTD’, and ‘Nothing’s Over’. Infinite, who rose to the top with ‘Be Mine’, is getting ready for Japanese promotions.

Infinite, we asked what they did after winning first place since debut…

Infinite won first place for the first time since debuting on September 1st at Mnet M! Countdown.
Getting this result after about a year since their debut date of June 2010, Infinite’s members showed touching tears and enjoyed the happy moment.

In a meeting with a reporter on September 2nd at KBS2 Music Bank’s waiting room, Infinite showed a smile and said, “After finishing the broadcast, the members had a simple celebration together.”

Infinite talked about what happened afterwards, “Since we needed to prepare for Music Bank’s stage, we had to come to the practice room after finishing the broadcast.” And added, “So after having a simple celebration with the members, we practiced again for 3 hours.”

To the reporter’s question of, ‘Were there any good signs before you won 1st place?’, Infinite’s members answered in chorus, “There were actually bad happenings.” Sungyeol added, “I have a stomachache so it’s really troubling”, “Seems like it’s a sign for us to become better”.
Meawhile, Infinite is showing powerful choreography through their title song, ‘Be Mine’, and is rising up in popularity.
Source: InfiniteUpdates 1 2 Nate 1 2

 And the remix performance of Be Mine from Music Bank (2011-09-02). This proves that good music is just good music, be it pop or classical, and I need this version released asap! Oh damn, Hoya... Woohyun... damn you boys...






And today's Inkigayo, better even that Friday's Mu Bank: