Friday, July 22, 2011

Choi Sung Bong


   A friend of mine send me the link to one article, and I thought I knew what was it about. I was wrong.
Talent from South Korea. Oh well, Korea is full of talents anyway, so I thought that nothing can startle me anymore. And since I refused to watch Korea Got Talent (duh, everyone knows that), I had no freaking idea about one contestant. Where have I been? (said with Sheriff of Rottingham's accent)


The classical trained young man sings in baritone. And sings great. 

‘Nella Fantasia’ 


And my usual rant. There has been a small controversy around it, because the broadcast didn't show the fragment when he stated about his musical education, but only about his poor childhood. OK, he did have it hard, but I guess emphasizing this will not help him. His talent will, not the sad story about the orphanage and all. This kind of story may be pull out on some less talented person, who can't win the hearts (and ears) of the audience, so one may do an emotional blackmail, as I call it.
His personal history didn't move me a milimeter, but his singing did. That's all that counts.