Saturday, July 02, 2011

I Need Romance


   THIS is some normal, mature, good drama! First episode kicked off with lust and almost a sex scene. Then we got the outline of the main characters. Three female characters remind some people of Sex In The City, but I see no link whatsoever. OK, I'm not an expert, cause I've seen 25 minutes of one episode, but I Need Romance is more classy, less vulgar, and more realistic. Yes, ladies here say word "sex" a lot, they talk about changing partners, or you know, the second base.
Basic info:
Title: 로맨스가 필요해 / Romaenseuga Piryohae
Genre: Romance, comedy
Episodes: 16
Broadcast network: tvN
Broadcast period: 2011-Jun-13 to 2011-Aug-??
Air time: Monday & Tuesday 23:00
Plot: The story of the love lives, marriage, careers and families of single and independent careerwomen in their 30s.




   The reason I like it is probably linked to my running youth. It's easier for me to connect to people in their 30s than to teenagers and their stupid problems ("he looked at me longer than half a second! He loooves me!!"). And this drama has all I need - quirky female character who acts like a normal woman. A guy who run out of love but masked this with "sense of obligation", and great second characters (yes, a classy sleazy one too).
I'm really anticipating every episode. Even though I could never like Kim Jung Hoon, somehow he leaves me unaffected, but he ain't that bad.
Good that some broadcasts are not afraid to show the real emotions and actions instead of feeding the viewers with crap and forcing us to think it's marshmallows.
Too bad such good show doesn't get more recognition. For 14-years olds this is too racy and boring at the same time (no cute!), and unfortunately, most of the fora are ruled by either mentally or agely (is it even a word?) teenagers. It's good to be young at heart, but don't be retarded in your actions.
Eh yes, maybe women's show, but who cares? Finally something nice^^