Wednesday, November 09, 2011

Interview with Park Yuhwan


I love Park brothers, and if anything, I'll follow them to hell.
Interview with Yuhwan is below.


Here:

“It was a bit hard for me to get into the synopsis of having a 30-year-old sister with Alzheimer’s. I imagined what it would be like if my brother came up to me one day and told me he had Alzheimer’s. It made me so sad that I found myself sobbing.
Park Yoohwan(20), who has taken on the role of Mun Kwon, the younger brother of Seo Yeon (Soo Ae) in the SBS drama ’1000 Days of Promises’, recently became a hot topic among netizens with the words ‘Park Yoohwan sobbing’ popping up on various search engines. In the drama, Mun Kwon is a childish college student who lives with his older sister, who took on the role of his mother ever since their parents died when he was three. When he found out that his sister had Alzheimer’s, Mun Kwon  began sobbing as he yelled, “What is this? What is this, you idiot!” Viewers of the drama praised Park Yoohwan for his realistic acting as they left comments like, “I was crying along with him.”
We met with Park Yoohwan on the 28th of October on location of the drama and he said, I was able to get into it because I was imagining what it would be like if my brother had Alzheimer’s.” He’s the younger brother of JYJ’s Park Yoochun. Park Yoohwan debuted with a minor role of Han Seo Woo in the MBC drama ‘Shiny Shiny Shining’. After a short appearance as a handsome assassin in MBC’s ‘Gae Baek’, the rival drama of ’1000 Days of Promises’, he was chosen to take part in Writer Kim Soo Hyun’s latest production. Though swept up in controversies over over dramatized plots, ‘Shiny Shiny Shining’ reached ratings of over 25% while ’1000 Days of Promises’ became the most watched Monday-Tuesday drama in just two episodes.
“I think luck’s been on my side. But I also feel a lot of pressure as well. I think, ‘I can’t make any mistakes, I’m in a dangerous and shaky position, if I do well now, I’ll have so many great opportunities…’ and brace myself. I read all the criticisms people right about me online and reflect on what I could have done better. It scares me when I don’t get told off by our director. I feel like you have to get told off if you want to learn.”
It’s been three years since he returned to Korea after graduating in the U.S. Though he still feels more comfortable with English than Korean, he has to take on long yet fast-paced lines that Writer Kim Soo Hyun is famous for. CP Kim Young Seop explained, “There’s a lot of pressure on the actors because they get their scripts in advance, meaning that they don’t really have an excuse when it comes to their lines.” Though only five episodes have aired till now, the script is ready to go up to episode 14.
“Even when I’m not filming, I keep my script in my hands and I read over it constantly. I usually park my car in front of the public park near the Han River and I practice by myself. I write down the emotions or thoughts that run through my head as I practice and I record myself saying my lines so I can play it back and work on fixing my pronunciation.”
He stated that he dreamed of becoming an actor while watching his older brother Yoochun act in KBS’ ‘SungKyunKwan Scandal’. He chose his older brother as his role model.
My brother’s five years older so he’s always felt like an adult to me. He’s so professional when he’s on stage. Though he doesn’t give me much advice on acting, he’s told me a lot about social conduct. He always tells me to greet everyone properly (with a bow) because that small greeting can tell you a lot about a person. There’s just the two of us in terms of siblings, but he’s like the daughter who takes care of her mother while I’m the quiet and brusque son.” His looks, way of speaking and laugh is very similar to his brother’s.
Stating, “My ideal woman is an innocent woman like Lee Chung Ah,” Park Yoohwan revealed that his dream is to star in a Hollywood film. “My goal is to be deemed a great actor, even when I’m old. I want to try taking on the role of a chaebol like my brother, or a really cocky character or a crazy person. The biggest charm of being an actor is getting to experience things in life through your character that you wouldn’t ever experience in your own life.”
Source: [donga]
Translated & Shared by: dongbangdata.net