Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Cats^^

   Not much Asian stuff, unless we count Burmese Cat as one. Just to do them justice. I have always felt my "caternal instinct", that is why in the past I had 7 cats. Not in the same time. But if we believe in curses, I was living in a cursed house, and all of my kitties just died. I love all the cats (I have even the compassion toward those Sphinxes, poor naked cats...), normal and usual, European kitties, and those of a high breed. If  I had a stable (read: boring) future ahead, my own apartment and lifelong job, I would immediately take one from the shelter. But since I plan to go overseas, far, far away to snatch the other kitten (mehehe, that's funny even for me), a cat now is not an option. It didn't stop me to befriend all neighbouring kittens. And I'm not like most of the people who melt over seeing a young kitteh. I admire adult cats. Because only grown up cats can fully display the grace they embrace. They are the epitome of grace. I love everything about them. I love their slyness, their indifference, their commitment, their strong will and perseverance. Yeah, they are dumb sometimes.
My favorite breed? Abyssinian and Burmese. But I love normal cats as well. And the funny thing is, when you save a kitty found on the street, this kitty repay you with more love than a dog. Dogs are just submissive and stupid. Yes, I say it at loud: dogs are stupid. Sorry to all who have dogs (you too, KNG!). Actually, no, I'm not sorry. I love cats, that's all. Cats:

Type: Mammal
Diet: Carnivore
Size: 71 cm
Weight: 2.3 to 9 kg
Domestic cats, no matter their breed, are all members of one species. Felis catus has had a very long relationship with humans. Ancient Egyptians may have first domesticated cats as early as 4,000 years ago. Plentiful rodents probably drew wild felines to human communities. The cats' skill in killing them may have first earned the affectionate attention of humans. Early Egyptians worshipped a cat goddess and even mummified their beloved pets for their journey to the next world—accompanied by mummified mice! Cultures around the world later adopted cats as their own companions.
Like their wild relatives, domestic cats are natural hunters able to stalk prey and pounce with sharp claws and teeth. They are particularly effective at night, when their light-reflecting eyes allow them to see better than much of their prey. Cats also enjoy acute hearing. All cats are nimble and agile, and their long tails aid their outstanding balance.
Cats communicate by marking trees, fence posts, or furniture with their claws or their waste. These scent posts are meant to inform others of a cat's home range. House cats employ a vocal repertoire that extends from a purr to a screech.
Domestic cats remain largely carnivorous, and have evolved a simple gut appropriate for raw meat. They also retain the rough tongue that can help them clean every last morsel from an animal bone (and groom themselves). Their diets vary with the whims of humans, however, and can be supplemented by the cat's own hunting successes. (after: National Geographic)


Cats are known for their therapeutic abilities, and the scientists proved that purring of a cat has relaxing and calming effects. That is why I sometimes purr over at D-A^^

I love their eyes. It's really hard to tell what cat is thinking, and I'm not some emo who takes everything that doesn't understand as the biggest mystery of the world. Cats are mysterious, true. But they can be sly as well.
Buying books on cats is a slight sign of my addiction I guess. I can't pass any cat on the street, or standing in the window without waving or smiling.
I wish I had sometimes so much indifference for the world as them.


Abyssinian Cat. Definition of beauty.

Not impressed with your performance, JKS...





When Dead Carp or The Table look cute, it's time to stop drinking. That will never happen! I'm saved!!



Me after translating...
















Ooops, looks like two cat-eyed gentlemen just somehow appeared here...
 

And finally my favorite. It somehow depicts also my attitude. Yes, I'm bitchy. So what? World would be suffering from mass cavity if everyone was so sweet.
And I will watch the next JKS drama. No, nothing in particular...



Pictures from:
http://www.catsofaustralia.com
http://www.cats-central.com 
http://meow-cats.com/abyssinian-cat/
http://icanhascheezburger.com/