Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Berliner Ensemble für Kammerchor und historische Instrumente


   Yesterday I went to the concert of the Renaissance music. And since I never take pics at such events, no pics, my lovely readers. There was one guy there, however, who constantly tried to force his camera to record it, was sitting and standing up, sitting and standing up, walking around with camera's tripod, pissing off everyone. Why go to such an event when instead of enjoying it, you walk like an idiot taking pictures? To sho to friends - look, I went to such concert! And when they ask what was played - uhm... dunno, but look at the pics!

And now my perfect pretending to be a German woman - I said nothing and pretended I understood all what the Conductor was saying. He sometimes explained to the audience what will be played (something about S. Rossi) and I just nodded... but yes, of course, you're right...
I guess it was meant for German tourists, and I somehow barged in, sitting and enjoying, not understanding a single word in German.


   So, for those who are interested, a list of what they played (in German, cause you know, I got a leaflet...)
The Music Conductor: Otto Ruthenberg (he was also playing instruments, mostly flute-like).
Also, as some of you maybe know, I have drums fetish, some obsession. And here one lady played frame drum but with stick, and the effect... oh no, words can't describe how this sounded. Deep, almost tasty as blood, pulsing and velvety, resonating with yer pulse... Frame drums are awesome, really.
In bold - those I liked^^

Chorus a capella:
Stimmt an, stimmt an (G. Gabrieli)
Sancta Maria (J. Schweitzer)
Das Morgenrot (R. Pracht)

Capella und Chorus:
Musica, die ganz lieblich Kunst (Deutschland, J. Jeep)
Palastina Lied (Deutschland, W. v. d. Vogelweide)
Innsbruck, ich muss dich lassen (Osterreich, H. Isaac)
Blogoslawiony czlowiek (Polen, Waclaw z Szamotul) <--one voice+humming
Adoramus te, Christe (Italien, G. da Palestrina)

Capella:
Preambulum (Polen, M. v. Krakau)
Polnisch-Deutsche Tanze I+VI (Chr. Demantius)
Hayducki (Polen, M. v. Krakau)

Capella und Chorus:
Von Gott will ich nicht lassen (H. Schutz)
Christe, fac ut sapiam (-//-) <--polyphony
Herr, wenn ich nur dich habe (-//-) <-- polyphony

Capella:
Instrumentalstuck (Deutschland, J. H. Schein)
Sonata nr XIII in 2 Choren (Deutschland, G. Gabrieli)
Sinfonia: Grave, andante (Italien, S. Rossi)
Gagliarda Massara (-//-)
Gaillarde Zambalina (-//-)
Intrada (Deutschland, J. Schultz) (some lines resemble Greensleeves, or it's only me)

Capella und Chorus:
Fortunate Campagne (Italien, S. Rossi)
Ich schlaf, ich wach (Deutschland, N. Zangius) <-- polyphony
Ik zeg adieu (Niederlande, anonymous) <-- not sure if they played it though

Capella:
Allemande I+II (Frankreich)
Pavane/Gaillarde (Deutschland, E. de Terte)
Der Kanarienvogel (Deutschland, M. Praetorius) <-- again not so sure about that
Ungaresca (Ungarn, Anonymous)

Capella und chorus:
Jauchzet dem Herrn alle Welt (100. Psalm, F.M. Bartholdy)
Ave verum corpus (W.A. Mozart)
Loch Lomond (England, D. Overton)
O du stille Zeit (Deutschland, C. Bergen)
Amazing Grace (England)

Instruments used:
frame drum
lots of flutes, ie: garkleinflotlein, hirtenschalmei, mirliton, grand bass-flute, crumhorn, rauschpfeife and the third set from the left here, cause I don't know the name of it. (4th and 5th flutes).
dulcimer, 
sistrum,
rebec,
renaissance-possaune
bass-fiddle,
lyra,
psalter
harp
laute

That's all I could see and note.