Thursday, October 20, 2016

Throwback Thursday Part 11


The year is 1989. You may ask why and this would be a good question given my randomness in picking up years (before it was 1979 and 1993 respectively). However obscure, there is always a reason for my choosing a certain year.
But I won't say cause I'm all mysterious...


The year 1989, one of many wonderful years of even more wonderful 80's gave us such gems as below:

Kylie Minogue & Jason Donovan - Especially For You
 



Madonna - Express Yourself. The album is from 1988, however the MV was released in march of 1989. Probably one of my Top 5 from Madonna ever.



Tears For Fears - Sowing The Seeds Of Love
 


Milli Vanilli - Girl You Know It's True. You won't believe how hard it was to choose from, I think 4 singles from this year.



Fine Young Cannibals - She Drives Me Crazy
 


Roxette - The Look 
 


Warrant - Heaven
 


Tina Turner - Simply the Best
 


The Cure - Lullaby. With no doubt the best song from The Cure, in my opinion. That bass.



Robin Beck - The Very First Time
 


Kaoma - Lambada
 


From the YT description: ""The Hoff"... The Man, The Myth... The American Treasure". I present you: David Hasselhoff - Looking for Freedom
 


Depeche Mode - Personal Jesus. Released as a single in August of 1989.



And since any list from the 80's without a particular band is invalid, fear not, there is a song of theirs from the 1989!
Bon Jovi - Lay Your Hands On Me. The album is from 1988, but the single and MV was released in 1989 (I think in August).



Enjoy!