Sunday, May 22, 2011

A Tale of How To Be Different


   Actually, I'm rewatching this for the 3rd time. Will there be any review on this? I don't know. Maybe. Depends on how lazy I can be toward my work. Well, I could be even more lazy, but I'm a bit afraid of the retribution, eh... In case someone missed this drama, watch it. I can't explain why I started again to watch it. Maybe my historical drama need is on the prey? Yes, I starved enough. Since SKKS ended, I didn't watch any (except for 8 Days..., but that was a hard one). So, you can imagine my eruption of uncontrollable happiness, rolling on the floor giggling when I read about the confirmed cast for The Princess' Man. I mentioned this drama long time ago here on the blog, but in those times (ohoho) the cast was shrouded in the mist of mystery.
Anyway, 2 historical drama ahead! I'm going to pass out from elation.
Back to Gumiho...



  


   This is not a nice drama, be warned. It's about betrayal, devotion, cruelty, humans, beasts, love, virtue.
I'm amazed that those two girls stayed sane after finishing it. They had such heavy, such burning, emptying roles. Don't expect any romance. The only pure and beautiful love is destroyed, the other sacrifices itself. Motherly love is pierced through and the only thing what is left is lust.

This drama poses few questions about morality. And just when you hoped for the answer that may save the world - you get bludgeoned right onto your face! This is not an "easy-answer" drama. Sometimes there are no answers at all. And some answers you wouldn't want to know.



The synopsis may be summed up in few sentences, but the depth this drama display was probably the reason of its moderated popularity last year. As dramawiki (elusively) describes: The legendary gumiho or nine-tailed fox, Goo San Daek, leaves her husband after his betrayal renders her unable to shapeshift. She takes her nine-year-old daughter, Yeon Yi, who has yet to gain the ability to use her gumiho powers, to a village in order to protect her. As Yeon Yi turns ten, her physical transformation begins, putting her in increasing danger of being discovered by her neighbors
But this says nothing really.

I had always mixed feelings for Han Eunjeong, but here, in the role of Gu Sandaek she is as real as every mother wanting to protect her child at any cost. Here, she is brilliant.
Both child actresses were awarded with 2010 KBS Drama Awards: Youth Actress Award.
Jang Hyeonseong made his character such despicable, I had to stop myself from hating the actor. 
The rest of the cast were also great. Just great. 
Not to mention the music.


내 사랑이 피가 되어 흘러내린다.
온 세상을 모두 빨갛게 물들인다.
이젠 너만 없으면 돼
이젠 너만 없으면 돼
입술을 물고 피눈물을 닦는다.
사랑이란 걸 믿지 말라고
세상은 모두 거짓이라고
다짐을 하고 다짐을 해도
다시 또 무너지고
아파해봐야 소용없다고
애원해 봐도 변하는 건 없다고
화를 내보고 달래어 봐도
사랑은 미련할 뿐야
웃어도 눈물이 흘러
참으려 해도 더는 멈출 수 없어
내 사랑이 피가 되어 흘러내린다.
온 세상을 모두 빨갛게 물들인다.
이젠 너만 없으면 돼
이젠 너만 없으면 돼
입술을 물고 피눈물을 닦는다.
못난 사람, 못난 사람
죽어도 잊지 못할 사람
내가 너를 사랑했던 게
큰 죄인거니
내 사랑이 피가 되어 흘러내린다.
온 세상을 모두 빨갛게 물들인다.
이젠 너만 없으면 돼
이젠 너만 없으면 돼
입술을 물고 피눈물을 닦는다.
나의 사랑을 피눈물로 닦는다.

My love is now bleeding,
 Drowning the whole world in the blood
I can’t go on without you
I can’t go on without you
Biting my lips and wiping away of tears of blood
Do not believe in love
Everything in this world is a lie
I made a promise to myself and yet I broke it myself
It does not matter how painful it is
It wont change anything even if I plead
I consoled myself by telling me not to get angry
After all love is foolish
My tears are dropping even when I am smiling
I cant stand it anymore
My love is now bleeding,
Drowning the whole world in the blood
I can’t go on without you
I can’t go on without you
Biting my lips and wiping away of tears of blood
Useless people useless people
No one will remember you when you are dead
I really loved you
But you have sinned
My love is now bleeding,
Drowning the whole world in the blood
I can’t go on without you
I can’t go on without you
Biting my lips and wiping away of tears of blood
Wiping off my tears of blood for the one I loved

taken from youtube by McBliz