Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Color of Woman


Mine is blood red right now.
According to koreadrama this is "a drama that contrasts a woman who succeeds with knowledge and reason and a woman who weaponizes appearance and sensitivity". 
I'll be frank, 3-Iron was my very first Korean movie seen long time ago, when I was a student, and despite it blew my mind then, I took no particular interest in dramas. Well, I had no PC then too, so it may be also the case. But that smirk on Jae Hee's face in prison cell I remember as if it was my own memory.
Having said that, you probably know why I'm watching this drama. Worse - I'm loving it.

Can't describe how awesome she is^^
   After introducing main reason for which I started this one, I have to elaborate more. This is a good drama. It's funny at its best. It's light, but not shallow, it has issues but not any superficial ones, no family clashes, it centers more about developping self-conscious about woman's feminity. I know how it sounds, but somehow it clicks with me (and that rhymes with "lick" and... *deep breath*...). 

   The cast... It is visible that the cast has a great time making this, or at least it looks that way. Scenes are natural and well played. And I just can say nothing but praise everyone. In the first episode we got to know their personalities, and they develop more as the story progresses.
And so just let everybody know - mah cutie from Vampire Prosecutor is in it, being dorky and derpy as always^^. 
Alright stop! Fangirl time!
   The scene with spider or throwing Junsu right at the wall made me choke on my own laughter, and it was around 2 a.m. when I was watching those. So be prepared for some laughing.
You see, I learned something just now, they said (and I build my knowledge out of dramas sometimes) that women during ovulation have fuller lips. Honestly, I had no idea. Maybe because I'm just a tiny bit more feminine than Sora (I do like nail polish, yes, yes).

   What makes me so attracted... no, wait... What, except for the cast, makes me watch this drama?
One reason - it has some truth in it. We are living in a world where appearance is everything. I often hear some comments that I should grow my hair longer (to be more feminine and lose the hostile and bitchy image), that I should dress more elegantly, etc. The truth is - people like to look at pretty people (I do too), so when we have to chose between grumpy and pretty one - we tend to chose the latter. No matter what. It's this damned 3-seconds rule.
Also - it shows that make-up is a woman's best friend. I'm the walking proof.

Good script and cast happen, ladies and gentlemen. But why at the same time so many?

Some friends are here as well.

Cast: 
Yoon So Yi as Byun So Ra
Jae Hee as Yoon Joon Soo
Shim Ji Ho as Kang Chan Jin
Lee Soo Kyung as Wang Jin Joo
An Seon Yeong (she was that spinster in My Little Bride)
Kim Ju Yeong (teh cutie)

Fanmade video: