Thursday, March 31, 2011

Come, sirs, we must bustle!


Rochefort: This d'Artagnan... he lodges with you, does he not? We will find Monsieur d'Artagnan a suitable lodging in the Bastille for the time being.
M. Bonancieux: And afterwards?
Rochefort: [coldly] Once in the Bastille, there is no afterwards. 

No Asia-related. Or maybe not?

 Athos: You will find, young man, that the future looks rosiest through the bottom of a glass.

O Tempora! O Mores! O Erynyes!! O the whole Hell legions!
My sister just ruined my normal routine. She sent me the link to a movie that will be released this year. Well, a lot of movies will be released this year, *cough*Thor*cough*

The reason why I'm infuriated? I worship The Three Musketeers (1973) and I love, love the book by A. Dumas. I know both book and movie by heart. I'm watching it still with ceaseless awe and admiration for Oliver Reed. Everything and everyone in this movie was perfect. The ideal blend of humor, action, romance, vengeance, politics. Characters were real, alive and breathing. 
The book was filmed gazilion times. Not even the charm of Gene Kelly could convince me to his version. 
But now, we got ... this... this...
Orly Blooming in the form of Duke of Buckhingham? Let me calm myself from laughing. Oh, Orly, you really don't know?
Madds Mikelsen as Rochefort... don't know the guy, but looking like a carpenter in too tight pants is not making the menacing spy out of someone. Aarrggh!!
And don't let me start on anyone from the main 4. I hate the whole cast, I hate the movie already!! Matthew Macwhat as Athos, as my beloved, cherished Athos... If there is anything dark in him, that must be the suit. 
Musketeers look like some retarded thugs.
Too bad I really love this period clothes, daaaaaaaaaamn!!
Jeezas...

That makes me want to rewatch the movie once more. Come to think of it, I haven't done it this month!


And I pledge my undying oath:
If I am able to say anything good on this movie when it will be out, I swear, and I take heaven, hell and blogger as my witnesses, I will print the pictures of Kim The Table Hyeonjung and Jang The Diva Geunseok, and I will make a t-shirt with them. And I will wear it.