Sunday, May 16, 2010

It's been raining...

...and during the times like this, my energy level is not-so-surprisingly low. Drinking red wine helps? Only if you don't overdo it. Damn... Yesterday I went to the cinema (yes, I go to the cinema) to watch Robin Hood with  my friend (thank you, Jina-sshi, it was so much needed^^). I'm not gonna say a word on it, because I'm helpless fan of both RC and RS. The movie itself was so-so, but RC as always the best.
OK. enough on this. This is not a place and time to write about any non-Asian stuff. I just want to share my thoughts on people's behavior inside the theatre.
I hate people eating in their places. I mean are they coming to the cinema to eat or watch a movie?? I can't stand it, I really wanted them dead. I have never, ever eaten in the cinema or opera, or theatre. Is this really that hard to refrain from munching popcorn not paying any attention to people around? Why some people are so ignorant, bling and egoist?

I treat movies seriously, maybe too much. I treat cinema theatre as a temple of either art or amusement. But the flock of mindless beasts just make this temple look like a sty!
Anyway, back to the good, positive side of my life...
Wait a minute, what positive side of life? Ah, yes, the part I'm busy with work. I'm writing some nonsense on foxes in Japan and the red wine (Chilean 2007, dry, red, very good) helps a lot. I mean my mind's clearer, my fingers are faster. But with the weather outside not much can be done. I keep telling to myself: That fall during the spring HAS to end!

Somehow Rainer Maria Rilke's poem comes to mind. Actually it's been haunting me ever since.

Loneliness

Being apart and lonely is like rain.
It climbs toward evening from the ocean plains;
from flat places, rolling and remote, it climbs
to heaven, which is its old abode.
And only when leaving heaven drops upon the city.

It rains down on us in those twittering
hours when the streets turn their faces to the dawn,
and when two bodies who have found nothing,
dissapointed and depressed, roll over;
and when two people who despise eachother
have to sleep together in one bed-

that is when loneliness receives the rivers...

(I couldn't find who translated this, sorry^^)