Thursday, February 16, 2017

Throwback Thursday Part 19


Today is Hippo Day, this is why TT is about animals. 
I had also the premiere of Franz Liszt's symphony Orpheus to celebrate on this day, but I chose hippo.



Here it goes!

First, one of my fav songs. And I really can't explain why I like this song. It's panoramic, for the lack of a better word.
America - A Horse With No Name


Elvis Presley - Hound Dog


Prince - When The Doves Cry


David Bowie - Cat People (Putting out fire). Yeah I know it's technically not about cats, but as long as I hear there "Tyger tyger" by Blake, I don't care.


Sweet - Fox on the Run


Peter Gabriel - Kiss That Frog


Mud - Tiger Feet


Chuck Berry - Too Much Monkey Business


Thrice - The Lion and the Wolf


The B-52's - Rock Lobster.


Pixies - Silver Snail. A beautiful video and hauntingly powerful song.


And of course, the one, the only, the saddest... Stan Borys - Jaskółka uwięziona


Honorable mentions:
New Order - Stray Dog. Iggy Pop recites Bernard's poem. Quite the experience.
Duran Duran - Hungry Like a Wolf. Especially for my Sister >:3
The Beatles - Octopus' Garden.
The Trashmen - Surfin' Bird. Vietnam War real footage. The song was used also in Full Metal Jacket.
Tricky - Puppy Toy.
Herbie Hancock - Chameleon. 
Led Zeppelin - Black Dog.
The Dead Weather - I Cut Like a Buffalo.
Tom Jones - What's New Pussycat.
Bill Haley & Comets - See You Later Alligator.

And that would be all^^