Sunday, December 08, 2019

[Advent drama calendar 2019] Day 7: Most Beautiful Realization



Granted, I did not watch many Kdramas this year, and having any sageuk in such category renders the competition moot. No one should be surprised (hi, Mila!) I'm picking Tale of Nokdu


First of all, the director gave us beautiful parallels starting from the first episode and consequently doing it from time to time. Secondly, cinematography and colors were beautiful - especially those long and wide shots, glittering water, undulating sea of grass, rocks lost in the foliage... And third - clothes' color coordination. I think I saw the perfection when Nokdu donned the sapphire uniform of the officer, but then that deep cold shade of purple appeared and I've never felt I might betray my favorite color like at that very moment.











Honorable mentions:

One Spring Night:









Extraordinary You





Swamp Thing