Wednesday, December 11, 2019

[Advent drama calendar 2019] Day 10: Drama Crack


In the original Luthien's post it was worded so beautifully as "coup de cœur" so everyone is probably guessing which 2019 drama was worthy, for me, of this expression.



Yes, surprise surprise - The Tale of Nokdu. It kept me alert, it made me go back to long abandoned dark and dangerous Korean websites in the wee hours of the morning to snatch the promos, it made me learn how to make gifs. But what's more - it made the impossible, something that not even the forces of Kim Namgil and Seo Inguk combined were enough to do - it was able to pull me back into the world of Korean series (a feat most of the people probably curse now). It kept me vertical and my thoughts occupied when I needed it.
I'm still reeling from the withdrawal.



Honorable mention:
One Spring Night - I gulped 10 episodes in one day, went to sleep around 5:30 on the working day! I cursed, I swooned and was overwhelmed by the character of Yu Jiho.