Thursday, June 16, 2016

Throwback Thursday Ep 04


This time - new arrangements of classics.
The reason? One day I listened to a marimba player and somehow fell in love with the sound of it, hence the theme for today's throwback - covers and rearrangements.


First, Bach for marimba:



And that's how I found this kid:



Max Richet recomposed Vivaldi. There is a full album on YT, so here, only Summer from Vivaldi's Four Seasons. I must admit, I like this version.



My love for strings runs deep, so of course I was bound to find this:



And this cover of "Rains of Castamere":



And Bach once again and his "Air" in a wonderful version:



A mix of Vivaldi and probably most hated song on YT (right after Gangnam Style). However, this mix turns out to be something short of awesome! Because The Piano Guys are awesome!



"Greensleeves" version for cello ensemble:



And last but not least, gayageum versions. I stay true to my strings. Luna Lee is my latest discovery, and damn, I love the girl!



Bonus: guzheng cover of Yiruma's "River Flows in You":


And you know, there is a LOT of Jay Chou's covers on guzheng: 

Enjoy!