Sunday, January 31, 2010

Guns and Talks

Although Divine Weapon was the first movie I watched with Jeong Jae Young after a break, this one is my favorite. I have seen it I have no idea how many times. I just love everything about this movie: the characters, the plot, the filming technique, the lines, the music. I read many bad reviews on this movie, many complaining this is not a realistic action movie, the main line is vague. So? This is a comedy, and in fact one of the best I've seen.
A little info about Guns and Talks ( I don't know why they put Guns in the English title, but well...):
Starring: Shin Hyun-Joon, Shin Ha-Gyun, Won Bin, Jeong Jae-Young, Jeong Jin-Young
Director: Jang Jin(a)
Genre: Action, Drama, Comedy
Production: Film It Suda
Distribution: Cinema Service
Language: Korean
Country: South Korea
Runtime: 120mins
Release Date: October 12, 2001

  Movie begins with the monologue describing four men in a car. They're killers. Monologue gives a glimpse on the characters of the main four. So we see one of the men who used to be a good runner and was always winner in marathons but... he kept on getting lost easily on the track, so he quit. And also he's really bad tempered (played by Shin ha Gyun, whom I like, especially his expressions here and in Welcome to Dongmakgol). The second one is Jae Young (the same name in the movie), who is silent and very focused on the job (as we see, he's dangerously perfect), in addition, he goes to church to confess ( "For the last week, my work wasn't much. I killed about five people." Priest asks: "What?", and then ponders for a second and adds: "That's whole basketball team."). The leader and narrator are in fact brothers, with younger sibling aspiring to become a "full" killer. Younger one played by Won Bin does the narration and sometimes stumbles upon his own words (hilarious scene). And there is also Jeong Jin Young, who plays tireless prosecutor (he's good in portraying cops: The Case of Itaewon Homicide with Jang Geun Seok), and is brilliant!
All four are hired to kill four businessmen in one night, but some problems occur.
This is just a beginning of the movie...


Watch entire on google movies: